Recipe: Mega THC-Infused Pizza
Elevate a pizza party with this fun edible packed with a potent kick of cannabis.
This comfort food is great for a gathering, and much needed during some pretty crazy times. Invite friends and family over for an infused pizza party! This is the opportunity to cover your pizza with piles of infused vegetables and meats, like sausage or ground beef, sautéed in cannabis oil. If you want to take it further, drizzle or brush the crust with cannabis olive oil before piling on the fixings and infuse the sauce. Offer un-infused toppings if you have folks who don’t want to indulge. You can make your own dough, or keep things simple and buy pre-made crusts. This pizza is all about the toppings. Limitless options include — I hate to even write this — pineapple and apples. Let people decorate their own while you keep an eye on the oven, which should be set to no higher than 340º F. And hide their car keys!
4 pre-made large pizza crusts
1 16-ounce jar tomato sauce with basil
6 tablespoons cannabis olive oil
2 large onions, peeled and sliced
2 cups freshly cleaned spinach, tightly packed and dried
2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
2 cups cooked broccoli, cut in florets
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
3 cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated parmesan
2 cups of meat toppings of choice
Serves about 8
1. Heat oven to 340º F.
2. Place the four crusts each on their own baking sheet, rolling and stretching them out to your preferred thickness. Keep in mind that the dough will rise in the oven.
3. Infuse the sauce by stirring in 1-2 tablespoons of canna-oil until it is distributed evenly. Spread the sauce over the four crusts, leaving an inch of space around the edges for the crust.
4. Sauté the vegetables individually in the canna-oil (though you can use the same pan for each vegetable). Use 1 tablespoon of oil for the onions and mushrooms, respectively, and 1-2 tablespoons for the spinach. Place in bowls at the table.
5. Put the other garnishes — broccoli, mozzarella, Parmesan and meats — in bowls at the table.
6. Have guests choose their own garnishes and pop in the oven until the crust becomes golden brown and the cheese is melted. Add a few sprinkles of crushed red pepper if desired.
Originally published in Issue 29 of Cannabis Now. LEARN MORE
TELL US, do you make your own edibles?