This Valentine’s Day morning start your day off right with a romantic dirty chocolate Thai chai for two. It is quite likely that your mind will begin to whirl with dirty thoughts as this strain effects begin to take hold and the added bonus of caffeine from the espresso will no doubt fuel several morning sessions of love making. The subtle chocolate and coffee notes of this concentrate will uplift the chocolate syrup and espresso on the tongue while the deep hash notes will swirl in harmony with the spiciness of the Bhakti chai. A dirty chai never tasted so good. Pair this body warming drink with a romantic continental breakfast and I guarantee you will not be leaving your bedroom until mid-afternoon. This exotic drink is the perfect catalyst for making this Valentine’s Day one to remember!
Mise en place:
At home barista/espresso machine
8 ounces Bhakti chai or another chai concentrate of your choice
8 ounces skim milk or coconut milk
2 ounces homemade or organic chocolate syrup
2 shots espresso
1/8th gram(0.125) of decarboxylated Chocolate Thai kief (2 servings worth)
1. Decarboxylate : Preheat your oven to 220 degrees F. Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper that will not burn in the oven. Very carefully sprinkle the kief onto the sheet making sure that it is evenly disbursed. Place the baking sheet into the oven uncovered and heat for 25 minutes. Pull the baking sheet from the oven, and let it cool completely. Be very careful when removing it from the pan.
2. Add 1 ounce of organic chocolate syrup into the bottom of two cups individually.
3. Sprinkle a serving of the kief on top of the chocolate syrup in each cup. Swirl the mixture thoroughly with a spoon until well combined.
4. Steam 8 ounces of Bhakti chai, and then add 4 ounces of Bhakti chai to each cup. Stir until well combined.
5. Then add one shot of espresso to each cup and stir until fully incorporated.
6. Next, add 8 ounces of skim milk into a latte pitcher and steam the milk. Once the milk is steamed, pour 4 ounces into each cup. You can choose whether or not to have foam on your chai by using a spoon to hold back the foam in the pitcher.
7. Give it a quick stir with a spoon and enjoy!
8. Add whipped cream, a dash of all spice, a dash of cinnamon, or chocolate shavings if desired.
If the gram of kief tests at 50 percent THC, fifty percent of 1,000mg would be 500mg. So if you added 1/8th gram worth of kief into the total recipe at 50 percent THC it would look something like this: 62.5mg per serving. Sub the number of your THC percentage and do the math to figure out your dosing. If you want a smaller dose, cut the kief down to 1/16th.
If it is unknown what the percentage is, then you would be consuming 0.125g of activated kief. What this denotes is that if you weighed out 0.125g on a scale, that amount of kief would be in each drink.
I would recommend strains that possess chocolate, coffee, earthy, sandalwood, or spice like terpenes and flavonoids. The following would be ideal if you didn’t have Chocolate Thai: Chocolope, Chocolate Kush, Headband, Harlequin, Spice, Coffee Kush, or Hashplant. If you cannot find these strains don’t panic, just follow your nose and taste buds to finds strains that would complement the dish.
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day?