This hazelnut bundt cake is velvety and creamy. Bakers could take it to a holiday party, or hoard it at home with someone special.
The cake keeps for several days and can be frozen for up to three months. However, freezer burn is easily cured on most foods when defrosted in a 325 degree oven – not to cook the cake, just to warm it.
Those who try to avoid super rich things and don’t want the whipped cream can whip up some vanilla Greek yogurt and add the Nutella swirl instead. Change the nut to almond, use almond extract instead of the vanilla, and create a different cake. Almond butter can also be substituted for the Nutella. Keep in mind that almond extract is very strong and a teaspoon is plenty.
Hazelnut Bundt Cake
Cook time: 60 minutes
1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup cannabutter or oil, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) container of sour cream
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted and ground
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
2. In a large bowl combine granulated sugar with the butter; beat at medium speed until well blended (about 2-3 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream; beat until well blended.
3. Spoon flour gently into measuring cup and level with a knife. Combine the flour, ground nuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.
4. Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove cake from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutella Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Nutella
1. Place the heavy cream in the bowl of a mixer. Add the sugar and beat until just about done. Heavy cream should double in volume. FYI, egg whites will make it triple. With the mixer on low, add the Nutella and mix to swirl through the whipped cream.