Edibles Recipe: Spiced Nuts with Cannaoil
Sweet, spicy, and salty, these nuts will call to you day and night. Store them in an airtight container — although they won’t last long. And if you can’t control yourself, make a second batch with canola oil rather than cannaoil (that’s what we do).
¼ cup nuts
1 egg white
1 cup pecans
½ cup almonds
½ cup walnuts
½ cup cashews
3 ⅓ tablespoons cannaoil
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg white until soft and foamy.
3. Put the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, pour the egg white over them and combine thoroughly.
4. Spread the nut mixture into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until the nuts darken in color and become very fragrant, 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Put the baking pan on a wire rack to cool. The nuts will crisp as they cool — break up any that stick together.
Originally published in issue 18 of Cannabis Now. LEARN MORE.