It’s time to really embrace zucchini bread.
[dropcap]F[/dropcap]or those who have yet to indulge, it’s definitely a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.
If you’ve ever wandered past a mound of zucchini in the grocery store or have a garden and grow the veggie, you may be starting to wonder exactly what to do with it. Let’s face it – there’s only so much sautéed zucchini one person can eat. It’s good, but it gets old after a while.
That’s where zucchini bread made with canna-flour comes in.
Canna-flour is decarboxylated cannabis pulverized to the texture of flour. The cannabis takes the place of ½ cup of the flour in this recipe. We ramped up the vanilla, ginger and cloves to assist in disguising the taste of weed and before the cannabis kicks in you would never know you were indulging in the pleasantly psychoactive plant.
1. Heat oven to 240 degrees.
2. Place your cannabis flowers or shake (1/4 of the amount of flour you use) in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Place the cannabis in the oven for 60 minutes. Remove then allow to cool.
4. Place the cannabis in the bowl of your food processor. Process until the consistency of flour.
5. Keep the canna-flour in an airtight container out of the sunlight.
Zucchini Bread / Serves 12
2 ½ cups flour
½ cup canna-flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon clove
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with the baking spray and set aside.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In another bowl combine the oil with the eggs and vanilla.
5. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until there is no trace of flour. Don’t over mix.
6. Add the grated zucchini to the mixture and combine.
7. Bake the loaf pan about 55 to 65 minutes. Insert a cake tester in the middle of the loaf and make sure it comes out clean to ensure cake is fully baked. Allow to cool before slicing.