This mocktail selection is also a refreshing way to help manage aches, pains and other symptoms. The strain is up to you, but we found J1 is a good choice. The simple syrup recipe makes about 24 reasonable doses, but of course the dosing depends on the potency that you desire. Go slow, you have all the time in the world.
3 cups water
4 grams cannabis, chopped fine
3 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable glycerin, available in health food stores and some upscale markets
1. Bring the water to a low boil.
2. Slowly add the cannabis, stirring frequently.
3. Next, add the sugar, stirring to dissolve.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, covered, not allowing the mixture to boil too vigorously.
5. Remove cover and add glycerin.
6. Continue cooking, gentle bubbles, for 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture will thicken.
7. Allow the syrup to cool and transfer to a measuring cup with a spout. (Less spills!)
8. Strain the syrup through a small strainer and cheesecloth. Best kept in the fridge.
Triple Melon Magic
1 ½ cups cold, seedless watermelon
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons simple syrup
1-2 tablespoons canna-infused simple syrup
6 mint leaves
2 honeydew balls
1 cantaloupe ball
1. In a blender, place the seedless watermelon, lime juice, simple syrup, canna-simple syrup and mint leaves. Blend well.
2. Thread the melon and cantaloupe balls on a wooden skewer and place on top of the glass.
3. Garnish with mint sprig and serve.
Lemon Weed Drop
½ cup fresh lemon juice, plus more for plate
½ cup simple syrup
2 tablespoons canna-infused simple syrup
1 tablespoons brown sugar
¼-½ teaspoon cayenne
1. In a cocktail shaker combine the juice and simple syrups. Chill.
2. Place the remaining lemon juice on a small plate. Place the brown sugar and the cayenne on a small plate.
3. Dip just the rim of the glass in the lemon juice and then into the brown sugar mixture. Roll the rim until the mixture has adhered to the rim of the glass. Some drips are delightful.
4. Place 3 raspberries in a small bowl. Mash with a fork. Place the mashed berries into the glass.
5. Remove the cocktail shaker from the fridge and shake well. Pour the lemon drop into the glass, stopping before you get to the rim.
6. Add the remaining raspberries and serve.