Can you show a simple recipe for hard candy or lollipops? I have a Magic Butter machine, but I am still learning what and how to do this baking. My husband has a broken back and I have cancer. We can not smoke at a lot of places but we can eat hard candy for the pain mostly. If you can help with the cooking by telling me a simple way or the best way, I will be very grateful.
Magical Butter Hard Candy
- 1/2 cup MagicalButter tincture, reduced down into the syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon emulsion
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn Oil super strength flavor of your choice
- 5 to 10 drops of food coloring
- hard candy molds
- candy thermometer
Step 1: Put your tincture in a 1-quart non-stick saucepan and heat on low. Cook until almost all of the alcohol has evaporated (about five minutes). It should look like molasses.
Step 2: Add emulsion and flavoring extract to complement the flavor of candies you want to make. Then stir.
Step 3: Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
Step 4: Mix sugar corn syrup and water together in a large saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
Step 5: Insert candy thermometer, making certain the thermometer doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to boil without stirring.
Step 6: Continue to cook the set up without stirring until the temperature reaches 260°F. Add food coloring and do not stir. Continue to cook until thermometer hits 300°F.
Step 7: Remove from heat precisely at 300°. Add flavoring and tincture reduction and stir quickly.
Step 8: Quickly pour into prepared moles and let sit at room temperature for five minutes.
Step 9: Let your Magical Butter Hard Candy cool completely and break apart. Coat with powdered sugar if desired.
Magical Butter Tincture Recipe:
- 14-20 grams botanical per cup
- 2-5 cups of Vegetable Glycerin or 95% ethanol Alcohol (150-190 proof)
- 1-2 tablespoon sunflower lecithin per cup
Step 1: Place all of the ingredients into your MB2 Machine.
Step 2: Press the “Temperature” button and set at 160ºF (This is the temperature that you want to use for all of your extractions. The other temperature settings are for cooking.)
Step 3: Press the “4 Hours/Tincture” button (you can do your tinctures for 4 hour or 8 hours (an 8-hour tincture is going to have a STRONG flavor and a deeper saturation)
Step 4: Strain to remove botanicals and your tincture is ready to use.
- Do not add water.
- Use sunflower lecithin. It helps your infusions – immensely.
- The alcohol in the Tinctures is flammable and so are the vapors. Only make Tinctures in a well-ventilated area with nothing around the machine that could cause it to ignite. No smoking or any type of flames around the MB2 machine!